Moving with Whites Independent Lettings
RELEVANT LETTING FEES & TENANT PROTECTION INFORMATION
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments:
Before the tenancy starts payable to Whites Independent Lettings Ltd
- Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent
- Security Deposit: maximum of five (5) weeks’ rent
During the tenancy payable to Whites Independent Lettings Ltd
- Payment of £50 (inclusive of vat) if you want to change the tenancy agreement
- Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 6% per annum
- Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
During the tenancy the tenant is liable for the payment of (where applicable):
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
PLEASE NOTE: THE PAYMENT OF RENT AND SECURITY DEPOSITS BY CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS IS NOT ACCEPTED
Whites Independent Lettings is a member of Client Money Protect Ltd of Premiere House, 1st Floor, Elstree Way, Borehamwood WD6 1JH, which is a client money protection scheme and has Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance through Lonsdale Insurance Brokers, London. Whites is also a member of The Property Ombudsman which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details by contacting Whites directly.
Please note that lettings agents are required by law to publish on their website’s information for potential tenants about relevant fees, redress schemes and client money protection schemes (including the names of those schemes). Relevant fees must also be published on third party websites, such as Rightmove. For properties to rent in England, details of the agent’s membership of any redress scheme and client money protection scheme must also be published with their fees on Rightmove.